Trinity Episcopal Church
555 Palisades Ave,
Cliffside Park, NJ 07010
About Trinity Episcopal Church
Trinity Episcopal Church welcomes all with open arms, open hearts, and open minds. What does it mean to be a member of Trinity? Open the big red doors and see.
- A member of Trinity agrees to celebrate Christ's Friendship at the Eucharist on Sundays, Holy Days, and Easter. We agree to strive towards bringing others to share these celebrations.
- Because God is calling everyone into friendship, a member of Trinity pledges time for giving all newcomers the welcome of Christ.
- A member of Trinity supports all in their journey who come to us.
- A member of Trinity tithes, a realistic amount that can be maintained yearly as a promise kept, and offers time, talents and resources. As God gives generously to us so that we can enjoy giving generously in return.
- A member of Trinity follows the guidance of scripture, aids in church growth, and looks for ways to serve and love our neighbors in the community, the world and all of God's creation.
- A member of Trinity participates in the annual election of the Vestry, supports the Vestry in directing the work of Trinity.
- A member of Trinity takes responsibility for guidance and direction of the church.
Collectively and individually we pledge:
- ourselves to worship God through praise and service
- our time, skills and money to work for mercy, justice and community
- to re-examine these commitments as individuals so that we can care for all aspects of our lives
The Reverend Willie J. Smith, Rector
Reverend Smith is the 10th rector or Trinity Church and the first person of color to hold this position.
- Masters in Divinity,General Theological Seminary 2004
- Masters in Social Work, Fordham University 1986
- LCSW,CASC Advance Certification in Psychoanalysis, 2000
- B.A. in Sociology, St. Joseph's College,1976
- 10+ years of working with the Visiting Nurse Services and Health and Hospital Corporation
- Diocese of Newark
- Diocesan Chaplain
- Committee on Liturgy and Music
- Same Sex Task Force
- Nameste- Diocesan Anti-Racism Training
- Diocesan Review Committee
- Commission on Ministry -Diaconate
- Spirituality(Buddhism, Native American), Liturgy,Icons, Discernment, Systems Theory, Somatic
- Experience,healing, puppetry, animation, fencing,photography music(classical, alternative, World)
The Rector, Wardens, and Vestry of Trinity, Cliffside Park accepts the tithe, the giving of our time, talent and treasure to further God's work in mission and ministry within this place and the community. As a means to achieve this we commit to give our first fruits to God, that is proportional giving, the giving of a percentage. We intend to increase our giving, as we are able.
Trinity and the Community
Here are some of the things that Trinity Church offers to the community:
- Michael Edward Langdon (Baby Edward) Memorial Scholarship (aid for graduating High School student seeking a career in any medical/nursing field).
- A 20+ -year relationship with All About Me Child Care and Pre-School Program, which operates on our premises.
- Comfort Station- aiding those who have become displaced as a result of fire any natural disaster
- New Jersey Veterans
- Ecumenical Relations with Turkish Muslim Community of North Bergen
- Annual (14+ years) Blessing of the Animals
- Annual (14+ years) Blessing of Motorcycles.
- Parking available for interested parties on days other than Sunday.
Call the Church office for more information: (201) 943-1034.